Letters to the editor/Readers of The Voice speak out

SHA should consider allowing residents to donate property

Dear Editor,

I’m writing to inquire about what residents of the Seattle Housing Authority can do with their property after they pass away.

I suggest that SHA should have a printed form so that those of us who want to can will our personal property upon either death or abandonment to the Housing Authority should their immediate relatives not claim or want the items.

The property managers could distribute the property left among those who are most in need, and the entire SHA community would be richer for it.
Space shouldn’t be a problem as any leftover items could then be donated to charities such as Goodwill. The form should be simple and made legal.

Jerry Thorson,
Ballard House

Comments are closed.